Techie Tips & Tricks
How to Take a Screen Shot on the Mac
- Click Command + Shift + 4
- Use the crosshair (looks like a plus sign) to select what you want to take a picture of on your screen
- Click and Drag the selection
- Let go
- The area you selected is now saved to your desktop
- You can rename and use this like any other image
Create a Word Cloud using Wordle
- Go to wordle.net
- Click Create
- Type a list of words.
- Typing words more than once will make them appear larger in your word cloud.
- Use the ~ between phrases with two or more words (ex. Cape~Cod) This keeps the multi-word phrases together in your word cloud.
- When done adding words, click Go.
- Make changes to Font, Layout and Color to customize your word cloud.
- To save your word cloud, take a screen shot (see directions above).